BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I am ***** ***** I have 2010 xdrive e70 i tried what you…

Customer Question
Hi I am *****...

Hi I am ***** ***** I have 2010 xdrive e70 i tried what you said to reset the park brake both with engine on and off with no success

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I manually released the park brake and now I have park brake fail message

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/1/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what specifically was your question about this?
also auto hold fault
I tried re-initializing with brake depressed and park brake switch pressed with no luck
both with engine on and off with ignition switched on
what did you manually release the parking brake?
I did
sorry that was a typo. I meant why did you?
trying to move the car without starting. there was no problem before this
BMW Mechanic: Kenny, BMW Technician replied 2 years ago
Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician

I have seen this before, I have actually done it before. The mechanical release for the parking brake is very fragile and if you just alittle to much on the cable it will release the parking brake and break the plastic in the parking brake unit. The only fix is to replace the unit.