BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I just bought a 1994 BMW 325i the front end shimmies and…

Customer Question
I just bought a 1994...
I just bought a 1994 BMW 325i the front end shimmies and shakes very badly when I get about 60 and is getting worse. I would just like to know what parts I need to buy to replace the entire front end suspension. It also needs rear shocks I know because it bounces really bad.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
2/1/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
what is the last 7 digits of the vin?
FL16586
thank you
can you please confirm your question? you want part numbers for everything in the front end?
Well what would cause the "shimmy" and feeling like the steering is VERY loose? I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot.
I would want part numbers for the front end. Was hoping there was a suspension kit I could buy that would cover everything.
BMW Mechanic: Kenny, BMW Technician replied 2 years ago
Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician

I would recommend a complete overhaul of the front end

Control arms

bushings

ball joints

tie rod ends

www.bavauto.com is a good site for parts I recommend to all of my friends

here is a complete kit E36 FT SUSP JL

However you can find other kits with parts more for performance so you could you do a performance upgrade at the same time

Thank you so much. I already looked up the kit you told me about. I need to buy the ball joints as well right?

In that kit no it looks like it comes with ball joints already installed.