BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2008 e92 1. No audio from speakers 2. idrive locked up with

Customer Question
2008 e92 1. No audio...
2008 e92
1. No audio from speakers
2. idrive locked up with ignition on or car running.
3. idrive allows menu navigation with ignition in accessory mode
4. Voice command does not beep or talk or perform
5. SOS inactive
6. Bluetooth inactive
7. MOST ring reads STABLE according to Maxisys
8. Help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
1/31/2016
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This definitely sounds like a fault with one or more of the audio components even though your Maxisys is reading stable.This may be a fault with the sound amplifier itself or another component on the audio ring needing replaced.MOst common can be the amplifier itself or a cd changer at fault affecting the ring of components.This will have to be checked/tested further to locate which component is at fault here and then from there it will need replaced to resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician