How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kenny Your Own Question
Kenny, BMW Technician
Category: BMW
Satisfied Customers: 1119
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
Type Your BMW Question Here...
Kenny is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2002 330i there is a vacuum can about the size of a

Customer Question

I have a 2002 330i there is a vacuum can about the size of a pop can mounted on the underneath drivers side of of engine one vacuum line goes to intake manifold where does the other line go to
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.

It goes to the actuator for the valve on the exhaust muffler. Most people block it off to keep the valve always open so you can you block it off under the intake.

Here is a diagram of it