BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2002 bmw 325xi. 2/3 months ago, none of my lights…

Customer Question
I have a 2002 bmw...
I have a 2002 bmw 325xi. 2/3 months ago, none of my lights were working. So I replaced the Head light mutli function switch. All except my tail lights/running lights do not work. First thought it related to the ground cable for rear lights as related to the Recalls. Checked by BMW, that was not the caused. What else can be the problems
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
1/30/2016
BMW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The most common cause for the type of problem you are having with the lights is in most cases caused by a failing LCM (lighting control module) . In order to determine is in fact the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/LCM%20Jan%2030.pdf