BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Far I have looked at every web site, I have spoke to tech…

Customer Question
far I have looked at...
far I have looked at every web site , I have spoke to tech lines, I have been turned down by the dealer to diag. this car and no help. I own a auto repair shop and this car has a code p0014 or bmw code 28b8- I have tested vanos solenoids and replaced , both cam sensors have been replaced all from bmw, cam timing has ben looked at, vanos rebuilt, then bought a new vanos and installed. before no codes while idleing for 20 minutes but after 2 or 3 starts code was back, after replacing vanos unit with a new one we ran car for 30 min. shut off and started 14 times and no codes , I thought we had it, after running in bay another few monutes lite back on and same code , now back to 2 starts and lite on same code , I am looking for someone that may have an idea of what to look at next when all have been looked at , my number is ********** cell office **********
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
1/30/2016
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not inspected wiring on the engine to the engine sensors and components especially the timing components this needs done.If a fault is found with any of the wiring this will need to be repaired to correct this issue here.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I asked for this a long time ago and paid for no response, the client has already left weeks ago, I tested all electrical , ran signature tests , wave forms, ground circuits , and all work fine, oil and filter good, pressure good , replaced vanos , good, found no big problems , 28b8 was code , it doesn't look out of time on cams , but all I come up with is possible cam timming or chain stretch , but like I said I paid for this service and this is the first response back weeks later . so I am in no need of help now would just like money back as to no service the day I asked . thank you

I apologize.I see my answer was posted on January 30th at 6:29 a.m.Did you not get this answer/response then at all and are just now seeing this?

Is there anything else I can help with here?

Let me know if you can.Thanks Pete

no I never got the answer , and the car is gone now ,

O.k.,if there is anything else we can help with in the future let us know.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician