BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Im trying to put an amp and woofer in the trunk of my 08 650…

Customer Question
hi im trying to put...
hi im trying to put an amp and woofer in the trunk of my 08 650 conv . is there a stock woofer or a speaker close that i can access for out lead
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
1/29/2016
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You will want to install a converter to hook up the amp as you usually dont want to have powered speaker inputs into the amp itself as this can damage the amp and make the woofer sound distorted.Usually a converter from a stereo install facility can be obtained and they usually can also get or sell you a connection to install an amp all together without tapping into a speaker.If this is not an option for you or if you already have a way to convert the speaker signal let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete