BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

After I replace the valve cover gasket on my 2010 328i BMW,

Customer Question
it started fine running for...
After I replace the valve cover gasket on my 2010 328i BMW, it started fine running for one minute than I hear this click sound than it started misfiring with a loud vacuum leak sound. What can that be? PLEASE!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
1/26/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
This could be a vacuum leak or a failure of the crankcase vent valve
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Where is the crank case valve is located at?
Please do not forget to click on a positive rating
It is integrated in he valve cover
As the question has been answered please kindly click on a positive rating