BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Recently my 2008 BMW 550i just has a fast oil leak and I…

Customer Question
recently my 2008 BMW 550i...
recently my 2008 BMW 550i just has a fast oil leak and I smelled burning oil while driving
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
1/26/2016
BMW Mechanic: Kenny, BMW Technician replied 2 years ago
Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician

A fast oil leak could be caused be several things first a crack in the oil pan from a impact from a object in the road, Second it could be the oil filter seal, and third there is a seal on the driver side of the block that can leak very quickly when it fails. To find the cause of the leak you will need to put the vehicle up in the air and remove all of the plastic belly pans top off the oil and start the engine to see where it is leaking from.