BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

This morning i was trying to start vehicle it attempted to…

Customer Question
This morning i was trying...
This morning i was trying to start vehicle it attempted to start and it didn't but its really cold here so i thought battery died but battery is fine so when i push the start button you can here fuel pump but won't turn over don't here starter try to engage like it did this morning....2007 BMW 525i E60 base model
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
1/25/2016
BMW Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

is you security light flashing

When I hit fob yes
Ok when I put key fob in the key light comes on in dash

do you have enother key fob

I tried that one also

do you know how to reprogram the key fobs

No I don't ...I would call u but I'm in Korea I am a soldier

really i was in the army stationed at camp hovey i was in the 4th chemical company in 2009 i will get you procedure to reprogram the key fobs see if that will help you out

BMW Mechanic: Kenny, BMW Technician replied 2 years ago
Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician

Reprograming the key fobs will not fix your issue. It sounds like the starter motor has failed and will need to be replaced.

Ok so all light come on and dash come on and you can hear fuel pump is that still starter

Yes, That is all normal for it to do. The fuel pump turns on because it thinks the car is going to start you usually don't hear it because the engine is starting.

u won't even here start trying if it fails?

If the started has failed you will not hear work because it isnt working.

Ok I will give it a try...

Ok, Let me know how you make out.