Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2009 mini clubman & the back left rear side door

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** & I have a 2009 mini cooper clubman & the back left rear side door will not latch
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thats it back rear left door is open & the little lock/latch will not lock/close left rear door
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what has been checked/tried so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried a number of time to lock it with a screw driver & door open & little lock does not lock when I push on it.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would suspect that the latch has simply failed and is in need of replacement in that case. This part can only be purchased from a MINI dealer (some sell online)
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.