Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My car is bmw x5 2005. i have proplems noise when my car run

Customer Question

Customer: my car is bmw x5 2005 . i have proplems noise when my car run at 5 ***** ***** to 20 ***** ***** the noise like winds sound of drive shaft . but the mechanical cant find when i bring the car to them .i cant stand with thats sound .thats was happened before and even after i change some alex drive both front and differental and transfer case . i have a ideal do you think thats noise from vibration engine mount ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what you mean more issue?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
At why times is the noise most obvious?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you driving at speed 5 to 20 .only
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would suspect the engine mounts in this case
I am not sure if you've replaced both drive shafts but this could also do it, or possibly the transmisison
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.