Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

I followed the instructions regarding BMW service reset I

Customer Question

Customer: HI I followed the instructions regarding BMW service reset for 2001 I only get inspection and (STA 3471 )
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just had the oil changed and need to reset the green bars back to 0 right now it's still showing 5 bars 2001 740I
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I have an account now...
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have enclosed the factor reset procedure in the link below. Go back through it to make sure you following the correct steps. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. If the service reset cannot be done with the instrument cluster a factory compatible tool or special reset tool will be needed to reset the reminder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Reset%20Jan%2022.pdf