BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I followed the instructions regarding BMW service reset I…

Customer Question
HI I followed the...

HI I followed the instructions regarding BMW service reset for 2001 I only get inspection and (STA 3471 )

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Just had the oil changed and need to reset the green bars back to 0 right now it's still showing 5 bars 2001 740I

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
ok I have an account now...
1/22/2016
BMW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have enclosed the factor reset procedure in the link below. Go back through it to make sure you following the correct steps. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. If the service reset cannot be done with the instrument cluster a factory compatible tool or special reset tool will be needed to reset the reminder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Reset%20Jan%2022.pdf