BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Ihave a 2006 BMW 330 i its 30 below zero sometimes and when…

Customer Question
ihave a 2006 BMW 330...
ihave a 2006 BMW 330 i its 30 below zero sometimes and when i got off the plane and started my car i started smelling burnt oil got home right when the oil light came on so ther was pressure built up when i took off oil cap so it blew the valve cover gaskit noticed it when i took it off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
1/21/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
hi,
what question did you have about this?
theres pressure built up in the moter causeing the valve cover gaskit to blow leaking all the oil out i would say it is the pvc valve but there isnt one that i could tell what went wrong that pressure would build up to blow my valve cover gaskit
what is the last 7 digits of the vin?
iim not at home so I don't know
please provide it when it is available.
Roger, BMW Master Tech