BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Were is the lateral acceration sensor located on 2003 mini s…

Customer Question
were is the lateral acceration...
were is the lateral acceration sensor located on 2003 mini cooper s
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
1/19/2016
BMW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

There are two acceleration sensors, one on the right side and one on the left side. Both are located under the wheel housing on the left and right side of the car. See the left front side location in the link below, the RH side is the same but on the RH side. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Acc%20Jan%2019.pdf

I have a code 5e30 code for the lateral acceleration sensor how can you check what side it mean?

Is this code coming up as P code?

no the it just 5e30 in the abs module for the lateral acceleration sensor. The tire light and traction light is on.

Im not finding any listing for this code with Mini. See the complete list of fault codes for the Mini. Are you sure the code is correct? Copy and paste the link to your browser to view all the Mini codes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Mini%20Codes%20Jan%2019.pdf

the code isn't a powertrain code its a abs code.

Yes I know that but the list I sent you is all codes for the Mini and its not on the list so that usually means its not a valid code.

I scanned all the modules and that the only code that comes up

I am finding the code 5D90 but I am not finding anything for the code 5E30

I'm trying to get the tire light and the traction light to go out

If I could find a valid code reference for you I would sure supply it but I am not finding any reference to this code.

there is also a 5e5c code for run flat

I am finding no reference to this code as well.

under mini cooper what would be the code number for the lateral acceleration sensor?

I sent a complete list of all their fault codes.

If its not on the list then that usually means its not valid.

ok I got a tire light on and a traction light on with 2 non vaild codes so were would I go from here?

Im not sure from here, I do not think they are related but with out a valid code I can only guess. If you would like, I can open the post back up and maybe some one else has something different to add. Your question started with wanting to know where the acceleration sensors where and I answered that.

yea can you open the post back up

doing so now.

thank you
BMW Mechanic: Jon Scott,
 replied 2 years ago
Jon Scott

Hi my name is ***** ***** you tried to reset the tpms system and Steering Angle Sensor Initialization Procedure?

Roger, BMW Master Tech