BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2010 mini hardtop with a cold weather and sort

Customer Question
package. It had different tires...
I have a 2010 mini hardtop with a cold weather and sort package. It had different tires than Les Swab replaced them with. I can't find anything on line or from the dealer where I bought it. My problem is that the car is going 4 mph slower than the car says on its digital read out. I know it's a tire issue I just don't know the original tire size that it was upgraded with.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
1/19/2016
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Let me see if I can locate the tire size info.

Can you tell me if this model is equipped with 15,16 or 17 inch tires and I will see what I can locate from there as I see this was an option on some of these?

Let me know what tire size is on the vehicle now as well,thanks Pete.

15 is on the vehicle now but it is going 4 mph slower than it should.

Are they a 175/65R15 tire?

It will show the size on the sides of the tires.Let me know when you can.

Thanks Pete

it's 175/65R25

O.k.,that is the size this model calls for if it is equipped with 15 inch tires.

Are the rims the factory rims or after market replacement rims?