BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

AWD DSC Malfunction on 2009 X5 4.8
, The vehicle starts…

Customer Question
***** ***** - AWD...

***** ***** - AWD DSC Malfunction on 2009 X5 4.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The vehicle starts to lose power

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
1/17/2016
BMW Mechanic: Kevin, BMW Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic

Hi im kevin have you had car plugged it to interrogate fault memory yet ?

no

I would recommend this first to narrow down possibilities

I assume I take it to the dealer? The vehicle starts to lose power - AWD DSC Malfunction warning comes on - shift to manual car drives fine other than no top end power in M6 - or stop, shut off, lock vehicle, start, drives fine in auto does that help?

Doesnt have to be dealer most garages nowadays will be able to plug in and diagnose .the car is going into limp mode its cutting the power to protect itself

I now have the error codes - can you tell me what they mean?OX5F77, OX6EC4, OX5F14Thanks
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
5F14 - DSC: Brake-pad wear, front axle, plausibility
6EC4 - steering angle plausibility, DSC
5F77 - Engine Management Interface
most likely you have a failed abs/dsc control unit based on the codes you have
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.