Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

98 BMW 528i E39
, 98 BMW 528i E39 won't start. Working

Customer Question

Customer: 98 BMW 528i E39
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 98 BMW 528i E39 won't start. Working fine one day won't start the next. - No fuel coming out of the fuel rail Schrader valve with ignition on indicating the fuel pump isn't working. Have swapped relays and checked fuse in boot but still no go. Are there any other fuses or relays I could check before going to the pump it self? If I have to go to pump, how do I do that?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GL54979
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I can provide images of the fuse and relay for the fuel pump as well as the factory BMW instructions as a PDF via email.
there is an additional charge for email delivery of PDF files and repair instructions.
I will submit the offer for this now
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi, you will need to accept the proposed service if you would like repair instructions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i've a;ready paid you to tell me all I need to know
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I cannot provide all of what you requested at the current question specification. if you would like repair instructions there is an additional charge to have them sent to you. I can revise the price down to the minimum lowest amount.