peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2009 BMW 335 I. I am parked and the battery is

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2009 BMW 335 I. I am parked and the battery is dead. I tried to use the manual key on the driver's side but no success, even when I pull up on the handle first. I was twisting hard. How do I get the door open? Do I spray a lubricant like WD 40 in the keyhole?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is cold out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases the cylinder can bind causing the key to not rotate properly in the cylinder to unlock the door.This is most common when the key cylinder is not used very often.What you can do is spray a small amount of lubricant into the key cylinder hole and let it sit for about an hour or so then try working the key in the cylinder and see if it will unlock and allow you to enter the vehicle then.If this does not work let me know.In some cases dry graphite spray lubricant works best or key cylinder lubricant that can be purchased at a local parts store.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a help. I solved problem.

I apologize if my answer here wasnt any help.That is good to hear the fault has been solved.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know as I strive to achieve an o.k. to excellent rating and once again apologize for any delay as I posted as soon as I saw your question myself.

Thanks Pete