Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Do yo charge a fee?
, Fault code 2761, secondary air

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I am Jens. Do yo charge a fee?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Fault code 2761, secondary air system. Mechanic checked pump: works, Checked valve: is clear, checked port in cal. head: it is clear.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What year and model is the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 BMW 330i Convertible ZHP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the code was cleared the MIL did not come on immediately after restart but eventually did. There are no issues starting or running the car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
85K miles, well maintained.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to www.realoem.com this car does not have vacuum control of the secondary air system.
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.

Is there a vacuum line going to the secondary air valve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Realoem is right, there is no vacuum line going to the valve.