BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I would love your help
, BMW328i 2007 passenger turn

Customer Question
Customer: I would love your...
Customer: I would love your help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: BMW328i 2007 passenger turn signal out I've changed the bulb but no fix
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: still waiting
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
is it only one of the signals? or all of the signal bulbs on one side of the car??
hello? is it only one of the signals? or all of the signal bulbs on one side of the car??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is only one bulb on each side for turn signal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
there is a front, rear and side turn signal....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's the front passenger bulb that does not work for the turn signal. I took it out, and replaced and it still doesn't work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's the front of the car
you would like to know possible causes for this? is that correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well yea
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the only thing that can cause this is a wiring connection/issue to the bulb (including a bad socket) or an internal failure in the control computer that runs the vehicle lighting (called the frm)
if the bulb was out for a very long time, then the control computer (frm) may need to be replaced or reset due to an internal shut down of the signal to that bulb as a protection mechanism.
my guess would be the frm is bad
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating to ensure I receive proper credit for my time and answer. thank you in advance
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert