Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 525I 2006 and it will not start. The battery is

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 525I 2006 and it will not start. The battery is fine and the alternator is fine. I had the starter checked also its fine. It will not take a charge. I took it to a shop and they told me they started the car by using their battery charger. That is the only way it will start. They think is a electrical issue.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Don't know what else to tell you it want start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What testing was done to determine the battery and starter are fine ? How can the battery be fine if it won't take a charge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the battery out and brought it to auto zone and had it tested. The battery was fine. Everything works in the car, lights radio, everything is fines. I took the car to Goodyear auto and they ran test on the battery, starter and alternator and said they were good. I tried to boost it off with cables with and my truck and it want start. They tried the same thing at the goodyear shop and it would not start. The mechanic at the shop told me he put the battery charger on the car and that was the only way it would start. But it will not start otherwise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He think it is something electrical.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what is battery voltage when attempting to start?