Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I added 50 50 coolant in my 2011 mini hardtop with out

Customer Question

I added 50 50 coolant in my 2011 mini hardtop with out water,then drove about 30 miles.Heard knocking after engine turned off.can I add water now or is it too late?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You can definately add water at any time and the vehicle water pump will mix the solution while you drive. If you have a siphon like a turkey batter take some coolant out of the resevoir and then add the water and drive the vehicle.

I hope this was helpful. Please provide a positive rating for my help today. Thank you.