BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

My car won't start after I drive it. It has a new alternator

Customer Question
My car won't start after...
My car won't start after I drive it . It has a new alternator a new starter. The battery is good lights are on but it won't don't anything
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
12/24/2015
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What does it do when you try to start it?
How does it eventually start?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing u can start it with a boost . The battery is good all lights on
how do you know the battery is good? just because the lights are on?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tested it with machine it has 12 volts
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
if it starts with a boost then the issue has to be a lack of voltage.
the three likely causes of this would be a bad/loose connection that is being compensated for when you boost, a bad battery, or a bad starter
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert