Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

2007 bmw 530xi does not start does nothing when u push start

Customer Question

2007 bmw 530xi does not start does nothing when u push start button...scanned codes 2a82 2c7c 2a17 2ef5 2c78 2ca9 2a99 29d2 aob4... i know some of these codes r probably not for the no start but where should i start to get it started???
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

im not at my shop anymore i will let u know in the morning...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cu28792

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

It looks like Steve has opted out of your question.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with this problem.

You have a no crank no start by your description. The codes you have do not relate to this failure.

You have a VANOS intake code, DMTL code, thermostat code, and 02 sensor code.

The no start is usually caused be a failed starter motor on this engine. It is very common. First thing to check is the engine ground strap. Make sure it is not corroded. If it is definately replace it. This can cause a no crank. If it looks good you will need to check for power to the starter solenoid while the start is held. You should see 12 volts or battery voltage. If you see voltage then you know the starter will need to be replaced. To replace this starter you will need to remove the intake manifold.

I hope this helps you solve this. Please remember to select a positive rating or feedback on THIS posting so I can receive credit for helping you. I hope you had a great Holiday.

Best Regards,