BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

1999 Bentley Arnage ( Label)- 23k miles. Questions: 1) I…

Customer Question
1999 Bentley Arnage (Green Label)-...
1999 Bentley Arnage (Green Label)- 23k miles. Questions: 1) I have noted the LED lights that register the interior temperature setting have begun to vary in their intensity. Sometimes they are bright then get quite dim. Currently they are dim more often than not.
If I recall correctly some of these parts are BMW 7 series derived. Is the LED illumination variation most likely a failure of the light or a connector?
2) The rear passenger door lock pull adjacent to the window appears to be unconnected from to it's mechanical. I can lock/unlock the rear passenger door from the driver's door button but not by pulling up on the lock pull. Is this a simple problem- in other words, is there some sequence I can perform to fix it?
3) When my battery was replaced my key fob stopped working. Is this something I can manage without going to the dealer or must I take it to the dealer?
Thanks, Wayne
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 day by:
12/22/2015
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have no other light issues in the vehicle at all most likely this is a fault with the LED light assembly itself needing replaced.I have seen these fail before in the past.

The cable sounds to may have broken from the latch or there is a fault with the door latch itself in the rear passenger door causing this here.The door paneling will have to be removed to inspect for any damaged or broken components needing replaced.

You can try and hold lock and unlock down on the key fob for about 15 seconds standing next to the vehicle or use the key blade to lock and unlock the vehicle and see if the locks then work properly with the remote/fob.If this does not work at all let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete