Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2008 bmw 535ix code 29e1 .performed smoke test no leaks

Customer Question

2008 bmw 535ix code 29e1 .performed smoke test no leaks found .any other sugestions.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this code can be caused by several things. If not an air leak then the next most likely would be a bad airflow sensor, failed crankcase ventilation system, or failing o2 sensor
the best way to diagnose this code - and my suggestion, per your request - is to have the vehicle monitored with a factory BMW scan tool which can monitor all data in real time and identify readings that are out of spec.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
.