Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Warning Light comes on occasion and now very small leak of

Customer Question

Warning Light comes on occasion and now very small leak of red fluid in front not where the transmission meets the motor. Its a very light red fluid not sticky?
2006 X5 4.4 (95K)
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what warning light comes on?
what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Warning Triangle 4 x 4 and indicates something like the 4 x 4 is disabled....once I turn it off it then goes away and might or might reappear depending on how long I continue to drive. Mechanically everything still feels fine but now very very small amount of red (but light) fluid is drips, its not thick or sticky and it is drip on the driver-side just behind the transmission area. Hard to tell exactly where because of the plastic skid-plates shield my view?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what faults are stored in the car's fault memory?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Steve,How would I know....I'm asking you guys what it means? If I take it to a dealership then I obviously would not be asking your company the questions prior. These are not answers???
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I have not answered yet. I am trying to understand all available information and your expectations.
this warning light has literally dozens of different causes. In your case, it may or may not be related to the un-sourced leak...
I am not sure what question it is you would like answered then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel this......I will bring it to a dealership instead, I do not want a membership and I do not consider this an answer to the question therefore I do not want the full $26.00 dollar charged.
Sincerely,
Kevin xxx