sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Dealer tells me the Body Control Module needs to be

Customer Question

Customer: Dealer tells me the Body Control Module needs to be replaces. I questions their validity. So doing research. The want $1800 for BCM and 4.5 hrs to replace. 05 CTS 3.6
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Info is blank spaces, gas gage and the engine temp gage not working. Key is locked, security says needs to reset.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 Mini Cooper 1.6 The trans shifts at random. Perhaps a bad vacuum hose?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It doesn't look as if your question posted correctly, there appears to be separate issues on two different vehicles posted here.

What is the year and model of your vehicle and what problem are you having?