Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2006 bmw 750i, got 4e21 trans code, all gears

Customer Question

I have a 2006 bmw 750i, got 4e21 trans code, all gears blinking except park
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello,
can you please clarify what question it is that you would like answered about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I a 2006 Bmw 750i, the transmission will not let me select any gear, just stays in park, everything else blinks, RND, 4e21 is the trouble code, need to find out the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand if you cant help me, I would love to have my money refunded, thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this problem is caused by an internal transmission issue with one of the solenoids / valves that is on the valve body (mechatronics)
the fix would be to have either the solenoid replaced or the mechatronics unit
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure this is gonna fix my problem
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
The repair for this code is what I described, so unless there is something crazy and bizarre going on, yes it will fix the issue.
As the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How many solenoids r n the transmission, how do i figure out which one
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
there arePlease do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
there are six, you should replace them all. you can buy kits like this:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-auto-trans-solenoid-kit-1068298044?gclid=COjD1cKVrckCFQeUfgodme0A-Q As the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating.