BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My 2008 Mini covertable exterior side mirrors won't stay out…

Customer Question
My 2008 Mini Cooper covertable...
My 2008 Mini Cooper covertable exterior side mirrors won't stay out of the tucked in position
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
11/20/2015
BMW Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Matt, Engineer

hello

what you can do is pull fuse F20 or the second down from the top in the middle row. this will disable the folding function for now

I think the issue is most likely a faulty mirror switch as the contacts are prone to corrosion , if you disconnect the switch and clean the connection pins and check the wiring for damage

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.