Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2005 bmw 745li and I have a oil leak I took it to a

Customer Question

I have a 2005 bmw 745li and I have a oil leak I took it to a repair shop and they say it is coming from the side of the engine and wind I drive the car it kill some time and wind I stop it wont to kill
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Can you please clarify your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a oil leak and the shop I took it to say it is coming from the side of the engine and wind I drive the car it kills on me and wind I stop and get ready to take off it won't to kill
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I understand the symptoms - what question do you want answered about this situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the oil comeing from
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
y is it kill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The most common leak points on this engine are the valve covers, timing covers, and alternator bracket seal.
As for killing, this is usually a fuel pressure problem or faulty cam / crank sensor.
Please let this is most me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much is it to fix that
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
Valve cover gaskets - $700
Timing covers - $1500
Alternator bracket - $1000
Sensors - $300 each
Fuel pump - $600
As the question has been answered please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating.