Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

A message saying 'I'm not a member of BMW Assist and do I

Customer Question

Hi. A message saying 'I'm not a member of BMW Assist and do I want to sign up or renew" keeps playing over and over even when I say "no" or "hang up." Also, my radio/CD will not play. How can I fix this?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What diagnostics have been carried out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, its just "me" and I'm not very savvy about the technology in my car. I tried simply responding to the message by saying "hang up" (the message asks you to say that if you're not interested) but the message keeps playing. I tried to find another way to cut the message off using the on board computer but not finding any way to do this.....
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
This isn't a simple setting issue. There is a fault with the system.
You can try to unhook the vehicle battery for an hour to reboot everything.
If that does not work then you have either a fault sos button, or faulty control module, which will require replacement.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.