Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2006 750li and intermittingly it won't turn over.

Customer Question

I have a 2006 750li and intermittingly it won't turn over. all the idiot lights come up and you can hear the throttle cycle and just no starter activation. I tryed the old trick of tapping on the starter with no results. scan for codes....no codes other than aob1, aob2,aoc3. in the cas system. battery voltage seems to be o.k. i'm lost
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I need to know the vin number to pull the schematics, but the first place to start is checking the starter for 12v at the small wire at the solenoid when turning the key to crank when it wont start. If 12v is present, then replace the starter as it has a dead spot. If 12v not present, we will go from there.