peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 1996 z3 1.9 after it sits over night the cylinders

Customer Question

i have a 1996 z3 1.9 after it sits over night the cylinders fill with gas i have replaced crank pos sensor and the fuel rail and injectors they were used but good and it still does it
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also replaced can position sensor t
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring leading to the fuel injectors and see if any of the wiring is found shorted to ground or shorted to anything.If a short is found in the wiring this can hold the injectors open and cause this issue here with the wiring needing repaired to correct this.If all wiring is checked and found to be o.k. this may be a fault with the engine ecu keeping a signal alive to the injectors causing them to flood out the engine with the engine computer needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.