peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have bmw issues. I recently changed my szl 2nd hand module

Customer Question

Hi i have bmw issues.
I recently changed my szl 2nd hand module on my e65 2004 and tried to program it and at almost 100% an error came and then nothing on my steering wheel is working since then not the buttons horn and the side stalks including the gear stalk.
and then replaced it with my old on but its also not working.
What can i do?
all i see is safety system error on my dash cluster
Thank you
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try and disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes then reconnect it with the key off and see if this resets the electronics to where it can be reprogrammed again and to see if everything else starts to operate again.If this does not work I would have the fault codes checked/read out of all computers to see what codes are set.This will require using a scan tool/computer that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle here.Any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.It is possible one or more control modules may have an internal fault due to the programming fault and need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi disconnecting and reconnecting the battery didn't help.
what can i i do i really need help because in my country suriname they don't have bmw dealers
i have no idea what to do.
do you know any good coding and scanning programs for bmw that can really help me with this issue?
And the instructions how to maybe code a module like the zgm and the szl and the safety infromation module because i think there somewhere is the problem between the three ot something else.Best regards

Unfortunately I don't have the info on any after market systems or instructions on how to code this myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hope you can help me because i have lost so much money trying to fix my car problems but nothing helpedThanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi whats happening i paid you and all i get is too remove and connect my battery