BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

My 2000 BMW 328i has a rough idle. Up until now, the idle

Customer Question
only dropped down to 200...
My 2000 BMW 328i has a rough idle. Up until now, the idle only dropped down to 200 rpm at the lowest, and now it completely stalled. I just had all ignition coils replaced, oxygen sensor replaced. My car has had the "low coolant" warning light on for the past week if that helps. but even before this light came on I was dealing with a rough idle, especially when cold starting the car. What is the culprit? Battery? Low coolant? Alternator? There doesn't seem to be an air leak. Vanos? Any expert advice out there?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
10/27/2015
BMW Mechanic: AMEDEE, BMW TECHNICIAN replied 2 years ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, BMW TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are you saying that the engine has stalled out and is not restarting or are you saying that the engine just stalls at lower rpms, but starts right back up?

Can I get the codes in the computer?

Roger, BMW Master Tech