BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

4.8 v8 .M.W. X-5 2006 I just had the oil changed and it

Customer Question
4.8 v8 B.M.W. X-5 2006...
4.8 v8 B.M.W. X-5 2006 I just had the oil changed and it started clouds of smelly smoke out the tail pipes 101500 miles and yes it does burn some oil. Total care has been given the car
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
10/25/2015
BMW Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

Hi there, there a number of things that can cause this valve o rings, stems or guides, pcv valve, piston rings, but the number one failure is the oil separator..

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

eauto
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy