Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Code 2862 and 2865 bmw 745 i 2003

Customer Question

code 2862 and 2865 bmw 745 i 2003
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dr16913
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
have you tested vehicle voltage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only code 2862 2865
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the first thing to check is operating voltage to make sure the vehicle is at about 14.5v and steady
if that checks out, you likely have a faulty IVM or vvt control module (most likely IVM). The ivm is a common failure and will need to be replaced.
both modules are in the engine compartment electronics box
if you need a shop for this check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.