gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

Why is ther no power to fuel pump. I checked and fuse number

Customer Question

why is ther no power to fuel pump. I checked and fuse number 27 isn't hot?
Category: BMW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Should be fuse 23, 15a, if it has no power it is powered by the fuel pump relay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced with a used reley - why does it start, run for and then die after a while
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Does it get power to the fuel pump now? It's possible you may have a bad fuel pump, you may want to check fuel pressure while it is running.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant get it to start now!!!
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Do you get power to the fuel pump when cranking? If so, check to see if you actually have fuel pressure to engine bay. I think your pump is bad, but you need to be sure you have power there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all the messages - I put my ear to the fuel pump in the trunck while my friend turned the key to on the on postion. The fuel pump did'nt come on. Now any idea why the fuel pump is not getting power - shouldn't it come on the on postions or do you need to frank it?
I've put different relays in?Please help - do you need any other questions to ask me first?
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked for power on the fuel pump connector when cranking, instead of just listening? The pump is the outer two wires (thicker) and the level sender is the inner two wires (thinner)