peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

This procedure does not work with my 2011 BMW X6 XDRIVE35I.

Customer Question

This procedure does not work with my 2011 BMW X6 XDRIVE35I. First no yellow icon. Holding the ODO button the Front Brake button comes up and the subsequent icons. I can get all the way with Front Brakes to when RESET? shows up but after that holding the BC button does not do anything. Continue holding the ODO button though, the MLS goes --- but the number of miles since warning came on, comes back. Any ideas?
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have access to a scan tool that can connect to your vehicle here to reset this,this is usually the best option.On some models it can only be reset with a scan tool all depending on what is being reset.Are you trying to reset the service interval and other components?Let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an OBD2 scanner and I will try that this weekend. What I am trying to reset is the Front Disk Brake Pad warning light indicating the disk pads need to be replace. I have already replaced the pads but the warning light still comes on and the red BRAKE light on the instrument panel stays on. This can be reset because as I cycle through the process with the ODO button, I get a dialogue that says "RESET?" and that's where I'm stuck. The procedures indicated by your team earlier does not work on my 2011 BMW X6 XDrive350i. Thanks.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,let me know if you are able to reset this with the scan tool here.If this does not work I will see what else I can try and locate on this.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just hooked up my OBD2 Scanner. Scanned for codes and it came back with no codes stored. I'm using a BlueDriver - Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool.Will stand by for any more suggestions. In the meantime I will hold off on my rating you at this time.Thanks.

Does this scan tool have function options to reset the warning messages at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is an icon that says "erase all codes" and when I click it "no codes available" or something similar comes up. Any other ideas?

If there are no codes set then this reset you found won't work.

The reset I am speaking of here would be something under the brake system itself that may say something like reset brake warning,etc.Do you see anything like this at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I mentioned in my initial question, yes there is a reset brake warning function that can be displayed using the ODO reset button as described in your reset procedure. However, there were some differences with my 2011 BMW X6 which I also tried to explain. I am reposting my initial question as follows:This procedure does not work with my 2011 BMW X6 XDRIVE35I. First no yellow icon. Holding the ODO button the Front Brake button comes up and the subsequent icons. I can get all the way with Front Brakes to when "RESET?" shows up but after that, holding the BC button does not do anything. Continue holding the ODO button though, the MLS goes --- but the number of miles since the warning came on, comes back after a few seconds.I suspect there may have been some changes to the procedures that BMW made for at least the 2011 model year."REPLACE FRONT DISK PADS" warning on the iControl display every time I start the car and driving with the red "BRAKE" warning on all the time is starting to get annoying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think all I need to know is what I have to do when "RESET?" comes on since pressing the BC button does not work. All I can do with the BC button is cycle through, MPH, MPG and Distance Remaining display on the instrument panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way, I have already replaced the front disk brake pads on my X6 so there are no safety issues. All I need to do is reset the "Replace Front Brake Disk Pads" warning.

Unfortunately this is all the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete