Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

X5 2003 Fan 't come on but on ghway driving, colder air is

Customer Question

X5 2003 Fan don't come on but on highway driving, colder air is pushed through the vents and keep me cold enough. Checked the hedgehog but found nothing except jumping the wire did not give me expected results.
Hate to pull the fan before i know for sure.
kurt
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi,
can you please confirm what exactly your question is here?
I am not sure what information you are seeking.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was clear in my initial question that the fan is not coming on but the compressor seem to be OK as it produces cool air despite the fan.
I want to know why the fan is not running?Also I want to know more before I pull the fan for replacement.Your answer is almost like you did not read the early correspondence?kurt
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I read your post twice. Very carefully both times. No question is asked. You have described symptoms and what you have tried, but there is no question asked.
I am not sure what "I want to know more" means. Do you want to know how to test the fan before removing it? If this could be something related to the compressor?
I am sorry but the question you would like answered is not clear, and suggesting I did not read your post is unnecessary.
Please clarify what it is you would like to know so that I can provide the information you want. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you don't think I have a problem and my questions related is not understood.I don't think nay further conversations is necessary.kurt
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
It is quite clear that there is a problem with your heating/air conditioning system, however, you have not articulated a question about the problem.
I have suggested what your question might be, but you have not confirmed if I am right, nor clarified.
I cannot answer a question that is not asked. If you do not wish to ask a question, then that is your decision.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fully understand your business strategy.If i was smart enough to ask the pinpointed questions more than my fan has stopped and the fuses has been checked, the jumpers on the hedgehog did not work, than I would resolve the issue my self.kurtkurt
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea what you are referring to. Again, I cannot know what to answer if no question is asked. "My fan has stopped and I have checked fuses" is not a question. I can infer what you want to know but I know from experience that guessing at the question is not a sound approach, so I have simply asked you to clarify what information you are seeking so I can be sure to provide the most helpful answer. For some reason, you refuse to clarify this.
If you have a specific question I would be happy to answer it.
If you do not wish to articulate a question then there is no need to reply further.