Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

08 mini s coolant leak in an area that appears to be a pipe

Customer Question

08 mini cooper s coolant leak in an area that appears to be a pipe just above the water pump. I have done lots of German car repair, but this vehicle appears to be made so tight that I may have to disassemble the car or at least remove the intake manifold just to find it. It IS a major leak, but I just can't quite see it. Ant suggestions?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
hello,
it is hard to know how to respond to requests for suggestions.
can you please clarify what question it is you would like answered about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There appears to be a long plastic pipe that would go into the rear of the water pump housing, my leaks seems to be from there. Is this something you have seen? If so what would be the repair procedure?
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI
Different expert here.
I believe I know the pipe you are referring to, but if you can take of photo of the area and use the paperclip icon on your reply box toolbar to upload it here, I can make sure and give you correct directions to replace.
If it is the one I am thinking of, you will need to remove the intake plenum