BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

Vehicle arrived with CEL on. No complaints other than CEL.

Customer Question
Vehicle runs great. One scanner shows: Generic...
Vehicle runs great.
One scanner shows:
Generic Code:
P15e8 External Engine Off Timer Engine Off Time Too Short in Correlation to Cooling-Down Of Engine Coolant
And
Enhanced (OEM) Code:
2F8F DME: Accelerator Pedal Module And Brake Pedal, Plausibility
Our other scanner shows only shows a factory code of:
2f8f but describes it as "Instrument cluster cascading fault"
I have searched high and low and haven't been able to find any info on either with the exception of a short discussion regarding the P15e8. That discussion pointed to a failed temp sensor. Also talked to the dealer and they said they have been having issues with temp sensors (sounded a lot like the problems VW had with theirs)
Replaced the temp sensor and cleared the codes.
Next day CEL back on and both codes are back.
Thanks in advance.
Randy
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
9/3/2015
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

Inspect the temp sensor wiring where it plugs into the temp sensor itself as well as to where it leads to to see if any issues are found.If a fault is found with the wiring or connection to the temp sensor this will need corrected to resolve this issue here.If this is checked and all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete

we also checked the wiring for the sensor. And ues any other help would be greatly appreciated

O.k.,going through my info on this model here unfortunately it doesn't bring up these fault codes.In some cases my info is limited and I apologize for that.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician