peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 1988 BMW 325i and I am experiencing issues with my

Customer Question

I have a 1988 BMW 325i and I am experiencing issues with my cluster. The speedometer is off a good deal and my gas gauge is off as well. My MPG gauge is also not working. Will a new SI board solve these issues or should I go another route?
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also bought a speedometer sensor but have installed it. Looking to make sure I by the right part for the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but have not installed the speedometer sensor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will stick to email
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the speedometer and gas gauge issue started to occur at the same time but the vehicle runs and operates properly I don't suspect this is any sensor issue here causing this fault as this sounds more like a fault with the instrument cluster board itself needing removed and repaired or replaced.I have seen the instrument clusters fail or act up in the past before needing repaired or replaced for issues like this here.I would have this tested further to see if this is the cause for sure here and then corrected from there.

Thanks Pete