BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

BMW trunk emergency latch won't retract. Trunk keeps opening

Customer Question
on its own all the...
BMW trunk emergency latch won't retract. Trunk keeps opening on its own all the time. Model 525i 2004
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
8/30/2015
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the emergency release cable fully for any kinks or damage to the release cable to see if the cable need re routed or replaced to correct this here.If this is found to be o.k. I suspect the trunk latch itself is the cause needing replaced as I have seen it fail or act up before causing issues like this here.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician