BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I have a bmw2012 x3 suv.......sports M ADDITION...the car

Customer Question
accerated into a tree when...
I have a bmw2012 x3 suv.......sports M ADDITION...the car accerated into a tree when i was doing a u-turn to go left on a two by two lane small expressway. THere was a red light at this left hand u-turn. However, as i was braking all off sudden the car lost control accelerated . I then tried slaming on the brake hard but it was to late. the airbag didnt go off as it was and i was never at high speed(s)...and also i was coming up slow on this u-turn in fact i had my blinker on so what is going on? What could be the problem. also my dad had foot on brake year ago and he almost accelrated into our own garage.......is there a defect? I have read many other 100's of stories online about this problem with the x3 2012 suv in particular......can this be fixed. we bought the car from a 36 month lease expired months ago.........ALSO!!......is the gas pedal and brake pedal be placed to close together in this model x3 2012 (m sport edition) ......because often when i step to brake or gas pedal to accelerate my foot will press both the brake and the gas pedal at the same time creating a sort of "rev". of the car would spin and does spin a lot....this happens ALL the time......is this a defedct?? please help me. can you please call me ASAP....thanks so much...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I have a bmw2012 x3 suv.......sports M ADDITION...the car accerated into a tree when i was doing a u-turn to go left on a two by two lane small expressway. THere was a red light at this left hand u-turn. However, as i was braking all off sudden the car lost control accelerated . I then tried slaming on the brake hard but it was to late. the airbag didnt go off as it was and i was never at high speed(s)...and also i was coming up slow on this u-turn in fact i had my blinker on so what is going on? What could be the problem. also my dad had foot on brake year ago and he almost accelrated into our own garage.......is there a defect? I have read many other 100's of stories online about this problem with the x3 2012 suv in particular......can this be fixed. we bought the car from a 36 month lease expired months ago.........ALSO!!......is the gas pedal and brake pedal be placed to close together in this model x3 2012 (m sport edition) ......because often when i step to brake or gas pedal to accelerate my foot will press both the brake and the gas pedal at the same time creating a sort of "rev". of the car would spin and does spin a lot....this happens ALL the time......is this a defedct?? please help me. can you please call me ASAP....thanks so much... #***-***-**** .... or my cell at #***-***-****
8/24/2015
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This type of fault here can sometimes be caused by a fault with the electronic throttle pedal itself as it should have a sensor on it that the computer uses to determine how far the gas pedal is pressed.If this sensor started to fail or act up it can send false signals to the computer causing the engine to accelerate.This is a rare problem from this sensor but can be possible in some cases and would need checked into to see if this is the cause for sure.
Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician