BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

The driver and front passenger windows will not operate. The

Customer Question
back windows are functioning properly....
The driver and front passenger windows will not operate. The back windows are functioning properly.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 day by:
8/18/2015
BMW Mechanic: Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I would like to help you find the fault in this circuit. The two fuses that you need to be looking for are fuses 32 and 66 found in the junction box found on the right side of the dash.

If both of these fuses look good, then I would see if you have power, 12V going to the drivers door window switch. I have attached a schematic for you to reference. Let me know what you find.

My experience leads me to believe there is a bad master window switch causing the problem if you find that the two fuses are OK.

Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician