Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Ok I installed a MAF sensor on my 2004 BMW 530I and it was

Customer Question

Ok I installed a MAF sensor on my 2004 BMW 530I and it was easy but I now think it was the pigtail or wire that connects to the sensor that was bad. One of the wires is almost cut through. I need to replace this but I don't know how to get the other end out? Ive tried with no luck. Can you help?
Category: BMW
Expert:  nabilc replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
which wire are you refering to (color)? as there are many wires on the MAF connector.
and the black box, would that be under the windshield on the passenger side?
why don't you repair the wire in the place that is cut through, instead of replacing it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its the yellow wire going into the pigtail. It connects to a black connector that goes into the mass air flow sensor. I don't know how to get that connector off to fix the wire. The black box it runs to is on the driver's side on the left side of the engine. It has about four other wires running to it.
Expert:  nabilc replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
My apologies for the delay, something went wrong and this page got locked closed.
The yellow wire is part of the MAF wiring, but just for confirmation, is the connector 1 in the diagram, the one that you need to remove:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Zgf4dbmODzVEw3QUhTRVNHZG8/view?usp=sharing