Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Does anyone know alot about 2002 7 series ABS problems? I

Customer Question

does anyone know alot about 2002 7 series ABS problems? I have a very unsual problem i need help with
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

what is your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I have a problem where my abs module is not sending messages to other modules like the EGS DME ect. I have tried 3 different modules and the problem still exists. For example when I drive and come to a stop the transmission stays in 2nd instead of shifting into first. And when I'm cruising at highway speeds in 6th when I give it gas up a hill it stays in 6th instead of downshifting into 5th like it's supposed to. Now when I unplug the abs module or turn off DSC the car drives fine.